Skip to main content

Mermaid blue hair & What I did ?!

Hey guys this post is going to be all about my new fantastic mermaid purple-y blue hair & what I did to get there from having very darkest brown roots and mid lengths to reddish brown mid lengths and tips.

Ok to start off this was my hair before I started 

Although it doesn't look how I've described I promise you it was ... I had been to my hairdressers and she worked her magic ! 

Ok so my method was to not was my hair or put any products on for at least 2 days ! Any one with Afro English hair like me knows how hard that is to do ! 
Anyhooo so when your ready I wore an old top that I wasn't afraid of getting manky and an old towel too as they will be a state when your finished. 
Then I sectioned my hair into a hot cross bun style so you have your four equal sections , I started to sort of my bleaching stuff and this is what I use.

I went to Sally's beauty supply & got the dust free powdered bleach and 6% which is 20 vol peroxide , know my normal bleach is wella blonder but since I wasn't going blonde or highlighting my hair I chose these plus they were on offer ! Bonus ! 

So basically as I said I section my hair into four and then I clip or tie 3 pieces up tight! 
To mix the bleach I always use the measuring cup you normally get with the bleach and do it in equal amount to bleach and peroxide ....... ( 5 scoops of bleach and 5 scoops of peroxide did my full hair)
And then start to apply bleach , so out of my section I take about 2 inch wide pieces and do my lengths first as they normally have colour on then my ends and leave the root till very last (the end of every section go back in and apply to roots NOT SCALP ! I will then wrap each section within the sections in foil and leave to process.

The processing time varies with every ones hair mine take 45 mins from when you finished your last section .... My roots only take maybe 20-25 mins. 
After I bleach all sections and roots I then check the first section and then carry on checking all over every 7-10 mins know if you are wanting to go blonde wait until your colour is achieved , if your hair doesn't lift to the colour you are wanting or it has any yellowish orange tones , I suggest getting a high lifting tint which will lift the colour even further ..... If your like me and just looking to put another colour on top the yellowish/orange tones shouldn't bother you :) 

So then I just simply rinsed my hair until all the bleach was out this May take a good 5 mins ,the colour I got was violette crazy color from Sally's also, so towel dry your hair until it is borderline dry and then section hair again and start applying color from root to tip ! After my first color application this is what i was left with 

 


Very patchy and uneven right ?! But looks kinda cool right ? Ok maybe just me haha 
So I left it over night dry and in some sort of style and then went in again 
 With the color over the patchy bits and it's like this 


Know I feel it's more even and a lot less green ! Still some bits I want to bleach again in a few weeks but for now I'm happy although it might not look it haha ! 

Well hope you fine lot enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it 
See you guys soon xox



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on MAC "Lady Danger" & Dupe

Hey my loves!! Missed me ?? Anyway I'm back with a vengeance and I'm ready to kick whatever rut/slump I'm in right in the rear end. Anyhoo as you can tell from the title this is all about my new MAC lipstick "Lady Danger" , now i usually stay clear of these sort of colours as i find some wash me out a little but i absolutely love this shade on me (not to sound to big headed) ha! .... This is a Matt colour but it is not drying on the lips at all sits nicely around 4  hours i got out of it and then needed to reapply and straighten my lip line up as i do find this moves when drinking or eating. You can buy Lady Danger Here On paler skin teamed with winged jet black liner and bold lashes this is a great look. On tanned skin teamed with lashings on mascara this makes a perfect everyday look. I will insert a picture of myself wearing this shade with a tan and you can tell me what you think?!? (Please don't mind the weird pouting ha)

Tag: Get to know me :)

                             The Stats..... Me : katie Nicknames: Kate,tatie,tatie pot,kay Birthday: 4th July 1990 Place of Birth: Newcastle Upon Tyne UK Zodiac Sign: cancer Occupation: None ATM What do I look like ??..... Hair: darkest brown (naturally) Hair Length: Meduim Eye Colour: Brown Height: 5ft 4" Glasses: Just for reading& watching tv Tattoo's: 3 , 1 for each of my children Right or Left handed: Right Favorites...... Food: Prawns or anything Peanut butter related Colour: Haven't really got one whatever I fall in love with that week Song: Alicia keys "if I ain't got nothing" Candy: Werthers Originals (chewy toffee's tasting of caramel) perfect combo right ?! Restaurant: Anywhere , it's all food !  Stores : All of them & the ones online Books : Not sure has to be eye catching for me to be in the mood to read it Shoes: Pumps&Hi-tops Right now I'm...... Feeling: Ok , today hasn't been a bad day Single or Taken: Taken Eating:

What My Skin Has Been Loving

Hey my loves :) Today's post is all about the things my face/skin has been loving. As a beauty lover we all love experimenting with different products now and again and we like to see what works for us/against us etc , so we can let our fellow beauty lovers in on our secrets! So abit about my skin type : On my T-zone I'm very dry and flaky & on my cheeks I'm very susceptible to break outs and not just the odd pimple/blemish i mean full on not leaving the house unless I'm wearing a ski mask ha ! These products i have found help me combat the breakouts before they begin ..... So my facial routine is i wipe over my face with these :          My Murad Clarifying Wipes for blemish Prone Skin- I give my face a good little scrub with these. Then i use a cleansing Lotion and the one i use is: The Clean&Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion for Sensitive Skin- With this i use a cotton pad and rub it all over my face sometimes more than one if I've been out al