Skip to main content

Review On PoundLand Nail Polish & Swatches

Jess Nail Polish 

Ok Hey guys , so as you can see this review is on Jess Nail Polish's , bought from my local pound land . I didn't specifically go in for these , just greeted me as i walked through the door!

So normally i wouldn't buy anything in a brand I've never seen or heard from before, but this stand had some of the most beautiful colours i had seen but in reality i didn't need that many as i would be stocking up on the same colours just by different brands & as I've said I've never heard of them before so just a little taster.

Ok so these are the names of 5 that i bought , x2 Tiger Lily , Madison , Swan Lake , Gloss Top Coat.

So how they look on the nail , ease of application etc . Here come the Swatches !!!!

Ok so the first i tried was "Swan Lake" This to me is almost a frosted blue and an almost sparkly finish which i adore! but upon opening the bottle you are hit smack bang in the face with that horrible nail polish smell that you can get in some brands yuk! 


Application was pretty easy as far as an amateur like me can say , I'm wearing 3 coats , no top coat.
Drying Time is relatively fast my nail was touch dry after 4 Mins.


The Next was "Madison" which is Glitter Polish , which primary colours are purple & blue , but also has pink,green.
Now this has the same icky smell as the one before it , but not as strong.
In the photo I'm wearing it on my pointer finger without base colour and only 2 coats and also on my thumb (1 coat) on top of Swan Lake.

Application was fine and you get a decent amount of glitter , doesn't seem to wipe off , when brushing more than once.
Takes abit longer to dry was still tacky after 3 minutes without top coat on top, so may be less when TC applied.

Next was "Tiger Lily Green" another glitter polish. The primary colours in this are green and gold with specks of blue as well.
Now this smells like your average nail polish to to strong just the smell you would expect it goes on well and again doesn't wipe on/off after multiple strokes.
I'm wearing Barry M's Green Berry (1 Coat) And topped that Tiger Lily Green (1 Coat) and this is how it looked.

The Final nail polish is again another glitter one and is the second "Tiger Lily" I'm calling is disco and you can see why its a mix of everything. The smell is as bad as the first to but this does fade after a while. 
It goes on well drys nicely with a top coat which i have used "Jess Gloss Top Coat". I have used this glitter on top of "Swan Lake" and finished with a top coat.

So my summary of these polishes are they are priced correctly at £1 , but i wouldn't pay much more for these, If you are just starting out your collection i think these will be a good starting point to go for.Overall I'm rather happy with these .... which colour is your favourite ?? have you tried any Jess Nail Polish's" Lemme Know what you think !! 

See You Soon ! xox



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on MAC "Lady Danger" & Dupe

Hey my loves!! Missed me ?? Anyway I'm back with a vengeance and I'm ready to kick whatever rut/slump I'm in right in the rear end. Anyhoo as you can tell from the title this is all about my new MAC lipstick "Lady Danger" , now i usually stay clear of these sort of colours as i find some wash me out a little but i absolutely love this shade on me (not to sound to big headed) ha! .... This is a Matt colour but it is not drying on the lips at all sits nicely around 4  hours i got out of it and then needed to reapply and straighten my lip line up as i do find this moves when drinking or eating. You can buy Lady Danger Here On paler skin teamed with winged jet black liner and bold lashes this is a great look. On tanned skin teamed with lashings on mascara this makes a perfect everyday look. I will insert a picture of myself wearing this shade with a tan and you can tell me what you think?!? (Please don't mind the weird pouting ha)

Tag: Get to know me :)

                             The Stats..... Me : katie Nicknames: Kate,tatie,tatie pot,kay Birthday: 4th July 1990 Place of Birth: Newcastle Upon Tyne UK Zodiac Sign: cancer Occupation: None ATM What do I look like ??..... Hair: darkest brown (naturally) Hair Length: Meduim Eye Colour: Brown Height: 5ft 4" Glasses: Just for reading& watching tv Tattoo's: 3 , 1 for each of my children Right or Left handed: Right Favorites...... Food: Prawns or anything Peanut butter related Colour: Haven't really got one whatever I fall in love with that week Song: Alicia keys "if I ain't got nothing" Candy: Werthers Originals (chewy toffee's tasting of caramel) perfect combo right ?! Restaurant: Anywhere , it's all food !  Stores : All of them & the ones online Books : Not sure has to be eye catching for me to be in the mood to read it Shoes: Pumps&Hi-tops Right now I'm...... Feeling: Ok , today hasn't been a bad day Single or Taken: Taken Eating:

What My Skin Has Been Loving

Hey my loves :) Today's post is all about the things my face/skin has been loving. As a beauty lover we all love experimenting with different products now and again and we like to see what works for us/against us etc , so we can let our fellow beauty lovers in on our secrets! So abit about my skin type : On my T-zone I'm very dry and flaky & on my cheeks I'm very susceptible to break outs and not just the odd pimple/blemish i mean full on not leaving the house unless I'm wearing a ski mask ha ! These products i have found help me combat the breakouts before they begin ..... So my facial routine is i wipe over my face with these :          My Murad Clarifying Wipes for blemish Prone Skin- I give my face a good little scrub with these. Then i use a cleansing Lotion and the one i use is: The Clean&Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion for Sensitive Skin- With this i use a cotton pad and rub it all over my face sometimes more than one if I've been out al